Work Permit Policy
WORK PERMIT POLICY Permit procedure:
1. Come to the College Office during Lunch or after school.
2. Bring the most recent 10 week or end of semester report card. G.P.A. must be a 2.0 (with no FAILS) or higher.
Work permits are a privilege, not a right, students are required to maintain grades, credits at grade level, attendance and a good discipline record before a permit can be issued.
Work Permits may be revoked whenever the health, safety, morals, or education of the student is at risk.
Are there requirements to hold a Work Permit?
Yes. The school requires a student to maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A., with no FAILS in any class, attend school regularly, and maintain a good discipline record. The student needs to have a 2.0 G.P.A. with no F’s on the last completed semester and the current grades (grades must be official, i.e. on the computer system and not on a progress report form).
All students applying for a Work Permit must: o Maintain a good daily attendance record in all classes. o Maintain a G.P.A. of 2.0, with no FAILS in any class.
- Maintain an appropriate discipline record at school and work.
- Understand that student's grades and attendance will be monitored throughout the year. If the student does not meet the above requirements, his/her work permit will be revoked.
- Maintain attendance in compliance with State standards: Clear attendance for 6 weeks prior to issuance or wait until next grading period.
- Maintain an appropriate discipline record at school prior to issuance.
- Any student with grade, attendance, and or discipline within 6 weeks must wait until next grading period for the quarter/semester.
- Agree that school is the priority over work. If the student drops out or otherwise does not attend school, the Work Permit automatically becomes null and void.