FASFA & FAFSACaster
The FAFSA website is located a: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
The application window opens from January 1 to March 2.
It is important that you create the account on or before February 14; just in case you have problems creating a mycalgrantinfo account before March. Your GPA and FAFSA account must connect in order to be eligible for Cal Grants (free money). LAUSD uploads the financial aid GPA in November or December.
- Use an e-mail address that is professional and remember to save the e-mail with your comfirmation information.
- SAVE YOUR PIN NUMBER AND HAVE YOUR PARENT'S SAVE THEIR PIN NUMBER FOR THE FUTURE.
- HAVE YOUR PARENTS SHARE THEIR PIN NUMBER WITH YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
- Remember apply for FAFSA every year that you are in college.
- Create a mycalgrantinfo account within 48 hours and before March. If you cannot create one see Mrs. Giron in room 128.
FAFSACaster will help you understand your options for paying for college. It provides some basic information and will estimate your eligibility for federal student aid. Your estimate will be shown in the College Cost Worksheet where you can also provide estimated amounts of other student aid and savings that can go towards your college education. Go ahead and get started now! Read the help and hints on the right if you have any questions. The FAFSA4caster is similar to the actual FAFSA.