Ms. G. Salcido
I am very proud and fortunate to be the Science for Global Solutions (SGS) and Victory Over Ignorance Through Culture and Education (VOICE) academic counselor.
At Lincoln, we are using the ASCA National Model. We have developed four Small Learning Communities Science for Global Solutions (SGS), Victory Over Ignorance Through Culture and Education (VOICE), Humanitas School of Arts and Media, Medical and Health Careers and two magnets that would be beneficial to students, parents, teachers and staff. By following our
school vision to prepare literate, responsible and thoughtful students, we have established a school counseling program that addresses academic achievement, career planning and personal/
My responsibilites are
- To design an individualized academic program for each of my students that meets the LAUSD graduation requirements
- Counsel students on personal, social or behavioral problems.
- Maintain accurate student records
- Confer with parents and teachers to discuss student's progress
- Prepare students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore opportunities
- Provide students with information on college programs, admission requirements and scholarships
- Instruct students in career development techniques such as job search and application strategies.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call me on (323) 441-7601 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am located in Room 124, and my office hours are
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.